- Cable TV
FOCUS Broadband Community Grants
As a cooperative, FOCUS Broadband is dedicated to helping improve the communities we serve. Each year, FOCUS Broadband awards $40,000 to the numerous causes and worthwhile organizations that make a positive difference in the lives of local resident’s through our Community Grant Program. We’ve awarded more than $845,000 to over 507 programs touching thousands of lives.
Applications for Community Grants are due on February 28th, 2022. Funds will be awarded in the spring. For more information, call 910-755-1677.Grant Application 2022 Budget Form
Read Guidelines, Criteria & Exclusions
- Community Connections community grants must directly benefit residents in Brunswick County, Columbus County, or Robeson County.
- Maximum request is $2,500.
- Funds are disbursed for single-use and must be expended within one year of receipt.
- Grants are open to nonprofit/educational organizations or educators in FOCUS Broadband’s service area or one in another county offering a program benefiting local residents. 100% of the funds must be used to benefit residents in FOCUS Broadband's service area.
- An organization may apply once per 12-month period.
Grant funds will not be available for the following: religious organizations or activities, political organizations or activities, capital campaigns, individuals, beauty pageants, scholarships; advertising, fraternal organizations, sponsorship of fund-raising events (such as raffles, auctions, walk-a-thons or telethons); general operating funds, payments to individuals for services, endowments and labor organizations. In addition, grants will not be issued to groups or organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Inquiries regarding the FOCUS Broadband Grant Program should be directed to:
FOCUS Broadband Grants
PO Box 3198
Shallotte, NC 28459
2021 Community Grants Recipients
Assistance League of Greater Wilmington
Boiling Spring Lakes Fire & Rescue
Brunswick Christian Recovery Center
CR Resource Center, Inc.
Going Beyond the Pink
Hope Harbor Home
J. Arthur Dosher Memorial Hospital Foundation
James and Annie Community Food Pantry
Marine Corps League Detachment 1036
Power Walking Ministries
Quilts2Heal, Inc., North Carolina Chapter
Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill
South Brunswick Interchurch Council
Takin’ It to the Streets
Waterway Art Association
WAVES 4 KIDS