Shallotte, NC - FOCUS Broadband recently awarded Community Connections grant funds totaling $40,000 to 18 local organizations. The funds are part of the cooperative’s grant program, which has awarded $885,000 in community and education grants to 525 programs since its inception in 2006.
Al Parker, FOCUS Broadband’s Board Liaison for the 2022 FOCUS Broadband Grant Committee, commented on the organization’s grant program saying, “FOCUS Broadband is honored to award these grants to local non-profits that we know will positively impact many of our customers, their families and the community as a whole.”
2022 Grant Awards:Brunswick County Literacy Council, Inc
. – Provides programs and materials for adult literacy classes.Brunswick County Wellness Center
– Funds exercise classes for people with neurological conditions that inhibit typical motor function use.Brunswick Little Theatre
– Upgrades a local community theater with new stage lighting.Brunswick Search and Rescue
– Funds tuition for extensive K9 & handler missing person and recovery training.Calabash Fire Department Auxiliary
– Provides community outreach materials to teach fire prevention, includes a laptop, speakers USB hub and display materials.Cape Fear Blue Star Mothers of America, Chapter NC 16
– Creates care packages to be sent to deployed active military members.John E. Jacobs American Legion Post 68
– Supplies materials needed to expand outreach to veterans in the Cape Fear region who are at risk for suicide.Lower Cape Fear LifeCare
– Creates music listening kits for patients with Alzheimer’s and dementia.Marine Corps League Detachment 1036
– Provides boxed dinners for families at three of Brunswick County’s low-income elementary schools at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.Oak Island Water Rescue
– Helps purchase a new truck for the water rescue team.Paws-Ability
– Supports a Pet Education Program that can be used to virtually educate children on how to be responsible pet owners.Power Walking Ministries
– Purchases new high-quality sneakers for Brunswick County students in need.Smart Start of Brunswick County
– Stocks little libraries throughout the county and provides funds to build little libraries in additional parks.South Brunswick Interchurch Council
– Provides food and necessities for a non-denominational food pantry serving residents of Brunswick County.Takin’ It To The Streets
– Assists with school supplies for Columbus County students in need.The Carousel Center
– Provides training materials about child abuse prevention, intervention, treatment and therapy.
The Cedar Grove Improvement Center
– Upgrades a local walking trail with outdoor fitness stations to help encourage exercise and healthy living.WAVES 4 K.I.D.S
. – Purchases book bags and school supplies to distribute to foster children under the supervision of Brunswick County Department of Social Services.
“We are proud to support these deserving organizations through our community grants program,” commented Keith Holden, FOCUS Broadband CEO. “We look forward to seeing the outcomes that these grants will have in our community.”
FOCUS Broadband will announce education grant recipients later this fall. Community Connections grants are open to non-profits or organizations in FOCUS Broadband’s service territory. For more information about FOCUS Broadband’s community and education grant program, call 910-755-1677 or visit www.focusbroadband.com/giving-back.